One of the first friends we made in the kitchen was Sincerely Denise, her Instagram page is filled with lots of yummy inspiration that spans, dinner meals, snacks and even a cheeky dessert (or two).
Among her many recipes is her Easy Spanish Rice; a weekly staple of Denise's family.
Served on it's own, or on the side with enchiladas, enchilada casserole or tasty tacos.
Easy Spanish Rice
Ingredients - Serves 8
- 1.5 Cups long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 diced white or yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Rinse the rice thoroughly
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and diced onion to fry for about 1 min, stirring occasionally
- Add the rice and allow it to fry in the pan for another min, stirring frequently so that it doesn't burn
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well
- Allow the rice to come to a boil, then lower down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 min
- Once rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff the rice with a fork
- Garnish with chopping cilantro if desired and serve as a side to your favorite Mexican dish!
For more recipes from our talented friend, take a look at Denise's website; Sincerely Denise.