Let's all be honest, we've been cheeky this lockdown. Based in Melbourne, we've been in lockdown for almost 2 months this second time around; and boy have we eaten well... pasta's followed by churro's followed by ice creams. We've tried a little bit (and a lot) of everything!
Let's just say, we're not exactly ready for this beautiful warm weather!
So before it settles in, it's time to get focused and fit. Tina's chocolate protein balls seem to cater to us perfectly.
A tasty reward for a day of well-behaved eating, these little balls are packed with protein. Best of all, they're easy to make and can be filled with whatever nuts and seeds you like.
While they'll be good for about a week, we highly doubt they last anywhere past a few days.... Behave!
Chocolate Protein Balls
Ingredients - Makes 25
- 220g of Medjool dates (pitted)
- 220g of nuts of your choice (almonds, cashews, brazil, macadamia, hazelnuts and walnuts all suitable)
- 30g of seeds of your choice (chia, sunflower, linseeds all suitable)
- 3 heaped tablespoons of unhulled Tahini
- 20g Raw Cacao powder
- A small bowl of desiccated coconut to roll them in
- Place all the ingredients in your mixer and blend until they come together and resemble a crumb like texture.
- Place mixture in a bowl and you can start rolling them into balls. You can have some fun here. You can roll some in coconut, leave some plain, add a hazelnut inside them...whatever goes!
- Place them in a glass container in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.