Further away from home, this week we have Winnie Lions in the kitchen.
Based in Los Angeles, Winnie has been tempting us with a mix of yummy desserts and flavoursome meals.
As hard as it was to go past her walnut brownies, it was her chocolate chip recipe that stopped us in our tracks.
In case you weren’t already tempted to give it a try, this recipe is actually really simple. It's worth mentioning that you will need a waffle maker, which as Winnie will attest to, comes in more handy than you may think.
Chocolate Chip Waffles
Ingredients - Serves 2
- ½ Cup Oat Flour
- 1tsp Coconut Sugar
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- ¼tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2tbsp Chocolate of your choice
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Spray the waffle maker to avoid the mix sticking.
- Once mixed, pour into waffle maker until golden.
- Load your waffles up with toppings of your choice. Pictured here with; sliced bananas, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, granola and creamy almond cashew super butter.
For more recipes from this talent, check out Winnie's website.